At the heart of the city’s historic district sits a building that once stood as three structures: the city’s ﬁrst ﬁre station, a livery stable, and an automobile dealership. In 1926, the three facades were uniﬁed under the Mission Revival architectural vocabulary with a scalloped parapet, arched windows, terra cotta urns, and small cartouches. The historic building will now become part of a seven-story mixed-use podium project that pays homage to the three original structures including a brick-clad that references the ﬁre station. The building successfully transitions to a modern architectural style utilizing urban blocking and design principles that match the cadence and proportions of the original building, while intentionally contrasting design elements and massing to allow the historic façade to shine. The historic facade is rehabilitated to its former glory and its original storefronts are preserved hosting two restaurants, a café, and boutique shops.
- Landscape: Architerra Design Group
- Civil: Rick Engineering
- Mechanical: LDI Mechanical, Inc.
- Electrical: OMB Electrical Engineers, Inc.
- Plumbing: Design West Engineering