This project held the unique opportunity to rejuvenate a community by adaptively reusing a half-built structure that had been abandoned for over a decade. The scope involved the reuse of an abandoned 90 ft. steel frame into an affordable, senior, mixed-use project with ground ﬂoor retail. The project brings 395 below-market senior apartments, along with 13,000 SF of restaurant and retail space and over 25,000 SF of community and recreational area. The project includes an intergenerational partnership with the adjacent Boys and Girls Club, in which programs will foster mutually beneﬁcial youth and senior interactions. This is befitting of a place that was reborn in order to reinvigorate a community.
- Gold Nugget Merit Award – Best Senior Community
- Sage Awards – Best 55+ Affordable Community
- NAHB 55+ Housing Award -Affordable Community On The Boards
- Builder: AMG & Associates, LLC.
- Landscape: Thomas H. Phelps ASLA, RLA
- Civil: DMS Consulting, Inc.