2nd & PCH
Long Beach, CA
Centercal Properties, LLC.
Architect of Record
A contemporary coastal retail experience, 2nd and PCH sets the standard for an immersive shopping experience where Landscape and Placemaking set the mood, encourage gathering and create dramatic entertainment opportunities. The landscape design focus was to provide strong pedestrian connectivity, interweave an extensive art program, introduce moments of discovery, and select plant material that was mature and seasonally diverse. As part of the sustainability of the project, the landscape design was sensitive to water conservancy and incorporated a broad palette of low-water use plant materials, including succulents, grasses, native trees and a variety of ornamental shrubs suitable to the coastal environment.
- Gold Nugget Merit Award- Best Commercial Project- 20,000sqft & over
- LA Business Journal CRE Architectural Award
- CMAA Project Achievement Award – Commercial
- Gold Nugget Merit Award – Best on the Boards Site Plan
- ADA: Compliance Design Consultants
- CalGreen: VCA
- Lighting: KGM
- MEP: Engineous Group Inc
- CalTrans: Dorado Company
- Civil: Psomas
- Structural: Ficcadenti, Waggoner & Castle
- Code: Code Consultants, Inc.
- Dry Utility: Butsko Utility Design, Inc.
- Geotech: Twining
- Security/Low-Voltage: Case Global
- Signage: RSM
- Traffic: Kittelson
- Waterproofing: Intertek
- GC: WE Oneil
- FF&E: Davis Inc.
- Bike Consultant: Transpo Group