The Mark

Riverside, CA

DATA

165 DU | 1.2 AC
137.5 DU/AC
22,000 Retail SF

CLIENT

Regional Properties

ROLE

Design Architect
Architect of Record

At the heart of the city’s historic district sits a building which once stood as three structures: the city’s first fire station, a livery stable and an automobile dealership. In 1926, the three facades were unified under the Mission Revival architectural vocabulary with a scalloped parapet, arched windows, terra cotta urns and small cartouches. The historic building will now become part of a seven-story mixed-use podium project that pays homage to the three original structures including a brick clad that references the fire station. The historic facade will be rehabilitated to its former glory and its original storefronts will be preserved hosting two restaurants, a café and boutique shops.

AO Collaboration

Mixed-use